Author Topic: Winter Hike & Craft Beer 2018  (Read 607 times)

Offline BPO

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BackpackOhio.com
Winter Hike & Craft Beer 2018
« on: December 05, 2017, 07:32:09 PM »
Our winter hike 2017 at Clifton Gorge was a ton of fun so we will do it again in 2018. The date will be Saturday, January 27th. We will head to the Athens area and hike some of the trails in Strouds Run State Park and Sells Park. Sells is an Athens city park with connecting trails to Strouds. There is no shortage of nice trails in this area so we'll have a lot to choose from. Afterwards, we'll go to Jackie O's for lunch and beverages. Times, directions, etc. will be posted in January. Hope to see a big turnout!

« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:01:14 PM by BPO »
I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Thoreau

Offline abprime

• Get Outside.
    • View Profile
    • my website
Re: Winter Hike & Craft Beer 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 07:36:40 PM »
Our winter hike 2017 at Clifton Gorge was a ton of fun so we will do it again in 2018. The date will be Saturday, January 27th.

Short, sweet, and to the point. Love it.
Iím in!
"The wide world is all about you: you can fence yourselves in, but you cannot forever fence it out." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline BPO

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • BackpackOhio.com
Re: Winter Hike & Craft Beer 2018
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2018, 02:04:10 PM »
Due to the extremely cold winter we've had so far and the opportunity to see some pretty cool ice formations, we are going to move our winter hike to Hocking Hills. We'll meet at Old Man's Cave on the 27th at 11am and head out from there.

Post hike, we'll stop at Brewery 33 in Logan for a sampling of their brews and, if anyone is interested, we can hit Millstone BBQ for dinner. See you soon!

BTW Traction devices for your boots--like Yaktrax--are highly recommended.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 02:06:38 PM by BPO »
I believe that there is a subtle magnetism in Nature, which, if we unconsciously yield to it, will direct us aright. ~Thoreau